Thursday, October 20, 2016

My Plastic Surgery Journey - Part II


Today is my 1 month post op! I can finally start wearing my glasses and drinking alcohol!

I would like to thank Jenny, the english translator from JW, she is absolutely a GEM. She was always there to reply to any of my questions through KakaoTalk and she made sure that everything goes well for me when I was in Korea. She even helped me and my friend ordered food delivery to our hotel after my eye surgery (it was pretty late when my surgery ended) She's such a sweetheart :) Even up till now, she would still answer to any of my questions. I honestly like her more than Jay (another english translator from JW). Jay doesn't seem so friendly :(

But anyways, back to the post....
In today's post, I will blog about my pre-surgery experiences with JW Plastic Surgery Center.
I will post photos of myself and blog about my post op experiences in the next post as this post will get really lengthy (sorry if it gets boring!)

Hmm.. Where shall I start? There's so much to blog about..
Let's start with arriving at the airport in Korea. :)

I flew in to Gimpo Airport from Beijing on September 19. My flight was delayed for more than an hour, and I was really worried that there will be an issue with the pickup. I contacted Jenny the moment I landed and she replied almost immediately. Apparently, the driver was constantly checking on my flight status. After collecting my luggage and walking out towards the arrival hall, JW's driver was standing there holding a board with my name on it. The driver was super courteous, unlike most taxi drivers in seoul (they have so much rage and anger) and I felt like a celebrity when he took my luggage and walked me to a luxury van. I was too excited that I forgot to take a photo of the car's exterior, so I had to google for a photo of it.



See photos below


The driver was even dressed in suit! so professional looking!



The interior does look a little old but it felt super comfy :)

It was less than an hour ride and I was dropped off at my hotel (Hotel Foreheal) at Gangnam. I had time to rest a little while before heading to JW for my consultation. Hotel Foreheal wasn't one of the best hotels around but it was perfect for me as it had a motorized bed (good for post op care), a freezer (for eye mask) and a microwave (to microwave food from the convenience store, DUH). I was searching for a hotel for a really long time and finally found this gem. It was perfect for me and for a really good deal too.

Below are the photos of the hotel


Electronic toilet :)


After resting at the hotel, I headed to JW by taxi. It was about a 5 minutes ride which cost about 4USD. Once I've reached JW, I was greeted by a bunch of pretty ladies at the main lobby. I was then asked to fill in some forms about my past medical history and what surgeries I'm interested in. Once that's all done, I was brought in for eye consultation with Dr. Choi. He gave me a vibe that he knew that he's good at what he does. He was cocky but in a good way, if that makes sense. Also, I was quite surprised that he pointed out things that I never took notice before. He pointed out that half of my face was going downwards and the other half was going upwards. He also pointed out that I wasn't able to close my eyes fully (this I didn't know all my life). We then discussed what kind of double eyelids suited me and I was surprised that he did not mention anything about epicanthoplasty (the opening of the inner corner of the eyes). I really wanted to do epicanthoplasty as I had Mongolian folds, so I asked Dr. Choi if I should do epicanthoplasty and he advised me not to do it as I will be doing rhinoplasty, which will make my eyes look closer. He said that I should wait for a year after my rhinoplasty to decide whether I want to do epicanthoplasty or not. I really like it that the doctors at JW wasn't pushing for more surgeries.
After the eye consultation was done, I went for my nose consultation with Dr. Suh. Compared to Dr. Choi, Dr. Suh had a more humble and polite vibe. The consultation was a quick one as I was just going to briefly let him know what kind of nose I like and what I am trying to achieve from this rhinoplasty. (My nose surgery was on the following day and I will be consulting with Dr. Suh more thoroughly on that day).
Once all the consultations were done, I went in to a room with Jenny to discuss about the price. I negotiated to a price that I was comfortable with and then I went ahead to prepare for my eyes surgery.

THE SURGERY IS FINALLY HAPPENING!

to be continued....
Share:

9 comments:

  1. Omg! I came across this post after you linked it on Purseforum, and I am contemplating getting surgery at JW for eyes and nose too (after sagging skin from constantly wearing double eylid tape and a nose so flat it can't support my glasses, lol!), I saw you link your kaokaotalk on Purseforum...can I contact you please? :3 I also thought whether I should go with docfinderkorea/seoultouchup but also decided against it...and I am pretty sure I want to go with JW and I don't want other consultations (JW seems reputable enough) and I need someone to take me from the airport to the clinic and JW offers that if you deposit in advance! OMG your post is so perfect to me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really that my blog can relate to you :) hopefully I can be of some help :)

      Delete
  2. Hi
    I am really interested to see how your surgery went as I am also considering eye surgery at JW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm so so sorry.. I really don't have the time to update my blog.. please go to my Instagram to see my current photos.. eel.eibbed

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'll be updating soon! Sorry for the delay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking about going to JW too this April for eyes and nose surgery. Can I asked how much did they charged you for your procedure? How much of a discount were you able to negotiate? I was kind of worried when they asked for a deposit to hold the surgery slot you want on a certain date with certain doctors. I was thinking with a deposit, it would be hard to negotiate much since they know you probably have to go with them since you put money down already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I had the same worries as you but trust me.. even with the deposit.. you'll still be able to negotiate a lot.. I knew a few people that went to JW and they all got a good price.. I don't think I'm supposed to say how much I paid for both eyes and nose but let's just say that I managed to get a $2000 discount with a few extra things added to my procedures for free

      Delete
    2. Oh and the clinic did tell me that if you quote my name that I recommended you.. you can get more discounts cause I agreed to model for them

      Delete
  5. Can you tell what are extra stuff you got for free

    ReplyDelete